Section 6.2 World Service Business Conference Funding Assistance (Revised St . Louis, MO,10/18/06)
To provide funding for delegates to attend the World Service Business Conference.
1. Requests from any Intergroup should be mailed to the R4 Delegate Funding Coordinator and postmarked no later than sixty (60) days prior to the Fall Assembly. If the Assembly elects Regional Delegates because there are not enough Intergroups applying for the available funding, they are deemed to be funded and do not need to submit an application.
2. Intergroups must submit a copy of the most recent financial statement with this application. Also include:
a. Budgeted/Upcoming Expenses;
b. Prudent Reserve;
c. Current balance of checking and savings accounts.
3. Scholarships will be awarded to Intergroups on the basis of need.
4. Delegate’s receipts are to be submitted to the R4 Treasurer within two (2) weeks after the Conference attended. Delegates are to use the most cost effective means of performing their duties.
a. Travel shall be reimbursed at:
1) Actual airfare; or
2) IRS car usage reimbursement rate.
b. Lodging shall be reimbursed at double occupancy, unless reasonable circumstances deem otherwise.
c. Regional Delegates to WSBC shall be reimbursed for five nights lodging.
5. The committee shall determine eligibility according to the following order of preference.
a. Intergroups which have never had representation at a World Service Business Conference.
b. Intergroups unable to fund a delegate to the World Service Business Conference due to lack of funds.
c. Regional delegates.
6. Funding of Intergroups requires a majority vote of the committee.
7. Disposition of approved funds shall be as follows.
a. Disbursements of funds may be made prior to the World Service Business Conference to the approved Intergroup or to the Delegate upon return when receipts are submitted. (This preference should be stated on the application whenever possible.)
b. Any and all unused funds must be returned to the Region Treasurer as soon as possible.
c. The submitting Intergroup may withdraw applications at any time.
Click here to return to the online application form.
Click here for a printable copy of these guidelines and application form.